5 Insulting Comments I Have After Watching a Few 98° Videos
Special thanks to Stephanie Georgopulos for the Thought Catalog Article that left me watching an endless strand of 98° videos. What would the world be without YouTube? Okay, real quick!
1. Did that one who looks like he runs a hoagie shop seriously get a 98° tattoo like permanently on his body? You really wanted a constant reminder that you were in a bottom shelf late 90’s boy band?
2. I’ve asked before, I’ll ask again. Why did Nick Lachey wear lip gloss?
3. I’ve always been suspicious of boy bands with four members. It’s like you aren’t good enough for a 5th person to want to join you and you aren’t smart enough to cut one. Seriously 98°? You couldn’t go on without the mousy looking guy. No one ever even let him sing. He was to 98° what Michelle was to Destiny’s Child.
4. Oh God the video concepts? Someone was sleeping on the job, because Golden Gate Bridge? “Lets have the guys go stand on top of a bridge and look really uncomfortable.” Legit, it’s almost as bad as the time they stood on a Mayan pyramid and looked uncomfortable.
5. Not to harp on looks, but Nick Lachey carried the group in sexy. The sandwich shop guy is mildly attractive, but he looks like half of the guys I went to school with. I could pick one of those up on $2 Bud Light night.